[time-nuts] Leap Second result on PST Model 1020

Rich and Marcia Putz rputz at bnin.net
Thu Jul 2 03:43:16 UTC 2015

Hi all;

I have a Precision Standard Time Model 1020 that I have been playing with for the last few weeks, BTW I'm looking for a manual for it to scan or copy I will pay round trip shipping, so  here's how it behaved at the leap second.

This is a clock that strips the 100 hz time code to develop time while also syncing (I think) an internal oscillator to something from the five channels of WWV it can pick up. I believe WWV gives no forewarning  of leap seconds in the 100hz code so the receiver has to catch it as it happens. I have the unit set to Eastern Daylight Std time. At 8:00 p.m. local time the unit just kept going like no leap second occurred and thus was off a second. I watched it for about 5-6 minutes and didn't notice any change, so I concluded maybe at midnight local time it will correct itself, I'd stay up and watch then. At about 8:30 p.m.  I looked at it again and it was on time!, so I missed it boo-hoo.

So for what it's worth that's how this unit behaved.

Regards; Rich