[time-nuts] Nortel Trimble NTBW50AA GPSTM 10MHz Oscillator GPSDO

skipp Isaham skipp025 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 05:52:06 UTC 2015

re: Nortel Trimble NTBW50AA GPSTM 10MHz Oscillator GPSDO

Hello to the Group,

An admitted late arrival to the group here. My initial time system launch revolved around
using a Trimble Thunderbolt.

But used Trimble Thunderbolts for sale don't appear to be as plentiful as they once were
and the current prices I see on Ebay seem a bit high.

Another option is an auction listing for the Nortel Trimble NTBW50AA GPSTM 10MHz
Oscillator GPSDO, aka Nortel NTBW50AA GPSTM GPS Timing Module offered for
$159 US (plus shipping).

Would anyone be able and willing to provide an opinion regarding the Nortel NTBW50AA
modules compared to a Thunderbolt? Per an Ebay auction description, does the Nortel
Module work well with Lady Heather?

What I really need right now is the only 10MHz output. If I can get a comparable 10MHz
output from the Nortel modules, fine. Else I continue on a quest to locate one or two
more Thunderbolts.

Or I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding other brands/modules comparable to a
Trimble Thunderbolt.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Regards,

skipp