[time-nuts] New wrist watch

D W watsondaniel3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:45:29 UTC 2015

With my new found interest in time nuttiness I thought I should upgrade to a decently accurate watch. I had some features I was looking for and settled on a Casio Wave Ceptor. My second choice was an Eco Drive, but the Casio had the right mix of features at a good price.

As I was sitting outside reading the manual after buying it, I laid it flat on the table and started a manual sync to WWVB. The UI is pretty intuitive for having so few buttons and indicators. It quickly told me that it had found a stable signal, and about six minutes later it was synced. Pretty cool.

Anyone know what the drift is like in this watch if it can't find the signal for several days/weeks? I would hope that actual performance is a little better than the +/- 15 sec per month stated in the manual. I should trap it in a faraday bag for a while to test it...

Dan