[time-nuts] US export regulations for TICs

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 7 15:41:21 UTC 2015

Moin,

On 07/07/2015 03:28 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Moin,
>
> As we need a need a proper TIC here to do our research, we are
> going to buy one from ebay form a seller in the US and let a friend
> who is in the US at the approriate time and can pick it up to bring
> it back in the plane.
>
> Now the big question is, are there any export regulations regarding
> such equipment and if yes, where do I find it? (my search didnt show
> up anything approriate). Yes I know it's a boat anchor and that takeing
> it in a plane is kind of iffy, but it's better than shipping it.

To the best of my knowledge no. It's just that many don't bother to fill
in all the forms. There is commercial service to be used for that kind
of stuff, and I got one of those myself.

At one time I even got a fellow time-nut do the work for me. The benefit
of doing that is naturally you have someone competent to fire it up and
do basic checks before any expensive shipments.

So, what are you getting?

Cheers,
Magnus