[time-nuts] US export regulations for TICs

Andrea Baldoni erm1eaae7 at ermione.com
Wed Jul 8 14:05:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 03:28:07PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> As we need a need a proper TIC here to do our research, we are
> going to buy one from ebay form a seller in the US and let a friend
> who is in the US at the approriate time and can pick it up to bring
> it back in the plane.

Years ago I bought an Agilent device from US and I had the same problem.
I found the official list of ECCN numbers googling "agilent eccn"
and I determined that mine was EAR99 and thus "Not on the Commerce Control
List". The seller filled the papers and everything went fine, just
because of the weight I needed to use Bax Global as carrier.

There may exist a similar list for other makers, or you can obtain from them
a certificate.

Best regards,
 Andrea Baldoni