[time-nuts] Number of GPS sats in the sky?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 06:18:12 UTC 2015

Is there a practical limit to the number of GPS sats overhead at any one
time? I ask this because I'd like to start parsing this info from my ublox
receiver and need to setup an array for the values.  Memory is not unlimited
on my PIC.

Bob - AE6RV

Others have given the numbers for GPS, Bob, but don't forget that later
ublox receivers can also work with GLONASS and other GNSS systems.  If you
have a limited view, adding in these other satellites may provide more
usable signals and hence less chance of dropouts.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk