[time-nuts] LORAN-C reception in the UK

ken hartman ken at hartmans.org
Fri Jul 10 20:46:57 UTC 2015

from:

http://gpsworld.com/eloran-progresses-toward-gps-back-up-role-in-u-s-europe/

“Both Norway and France have declared an intention to cease Loran
transmissions at the end of 2015. Moreover, France intends to dismantle its
Loran infrastructure in 2016. Arrangements for the commercial operation of
the infrastructure are being investigated, but this depends on some form of
regional agreement. The European Union appears to have no policy for
resilient PNT, the European Radio Navigation Plan having twice been drafted
but never published. The view seems to bee that the introduction of Galileo
will achieve resilient PNT, which it will not.”