[time-nuts] Loran and SRS FS700 in the UK

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sat Jul 11 07:31:33 UTC 2015

Hi Poul-Henning

I agree that option 01 is stated to just mean a "better" oscillator,  and I
was a bit confused by what I found, but my second and third  units, neither
marked as option 01, have exactly the same oscillator  fitted, according to
the SRS label on the oscillator, as my first unit which is  marked as
having option 01.

The only obvious difference is that both the second and third units have
higher serial numbers than the first, which is why I suggested that perhaps
fitting the option 01 oscillator became standard with later production.

Another possibility of course is that the first unit was incorrectly
marked and none of them have the option 01 oscillator:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR