[time-nuts] Wikipedia and Residual Phase Noise

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 14 06:03:57 UTC 2015

Dear Ulrich,

Nice performance on your 10 GHz oscillator then!
I was not aware of that level of performance from a more regular
oscillator source.

Wish you luck with solving the power amplifier stage phase noise issue.

The FSWP is indeed a nice new box for the task. Wish I had one. Already
the FSUP was nice. These use dual channels and cross-correlation
techniques to the best of my knowledge.

I think maybe my point did not come through right.
The residual phase noise term refers more to the measurement setup
rather than the addition of noise. The term is troubled in that way.
I wonder if additive phase noise is the best term, but it is indeed
better. Also, as you say, we have noise conversion even in passive devices.

Cheers,
Magnus