[time-nuts] Loran C returning to a station near you...

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 13:07:49 UTC 2015

Skip
It certainly keeps trying to return. It will not be the navigation system
formerly known as Loran C (Wasn't that also some singer?) it will be
eLoran. Most eLORAN systems add an additional pulse for data. They stick
somewhat to the old format to avoid possible interference with operating
systems in Europe.
But it seems in general LORAN is one big question.
I know we shut down LORAN C to save $36M/year. A drop in the bucket.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL