[time-nuts] Loran C returning to a station near you...

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:42:59 UTC 2015

How much money was saved by not sending NIST time codes over GOES
satellites? I'm sure that was much less than $36M/year to continue,
probably not even 1% of that.

I'm strongly for high diversity in time distribution. GPS is great, but
putting all our eggs in the GPS basket seems very unwise. At the moment I
have GPS, CHU, WWV, and WWVB, but more diversity would be better, and I
hope I can add some variant of LORAN back to the list soon.

Tim N3QE