[time-nuts] how to find low noise transistors (was: Firmware and antenna for Stanford Research FS700)

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sat Jul 18 15:47:07 UTC 2015

I agree with Bob, find a vendor you can trust and make sure you buy from an
authorized distributor or if just need two or three parts try to get them
as samples.directly from the manufacturer. The reason for this is you may
get a fake or reject part and you will never know.

Trying to do the measurements yourself is pretty much out of the question
today.. Every improvement made it harder in that the equipment had to
itself be lower in noise

If interested

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=measuring+transistor+noise&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

.