[time-nuts] how to find low noise transistors

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:00:12 UTC 2015

Yes, I'm with Bob Pease: the soldering iron is my best simulation
tool. Nonetheless it is useful to know how to correctly extract the
coefficients to use in the best known among the simulation tools. In
one sci.electronics.design discussion, A. Lakovlev tells to have
determined the KF based on the datasheet's NF by trials and then
adjusted AF to follow the datasheet's NF variation with the collector
current. He ended up with KF= 5E-15 and AF= 1.13 for the 2SC3329, also
in this case the AF is greater than 1.