[time-nuts] Austron 2200A

Jason Ball jason at ball.net
Wed Jul 22 22:27:32 UTC 2015

While I may be counting chickens, I'm likely to take delivery of an Austron
2200A in the next week.  Somewhat predictably the antenna isn't included
and I've seen the extensive thread from this mailing list circa 2007 where
the thread seemed to peter out at the end.  Worst case I could probably
pillage the (working) rubidium oscillator that's inside it, ideally it
would be nice to get the unit working as is.

Did people end up getting their Austron's up and running ?

At the moment I'm looking at options to make a down converter to deliver
the 75.3Mhz required for the Austron and to power a timing antenna with 5v
LNA that I have sitting on the shelf.   There are some 23cm amateur kits
that would be adapted for the mixer unless there is a 'simpler' solution
I've missed.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Teach your kids Science, or somebody else will :/

jason at ball.net
vk2vjb at google.com <vk2flnx at google.com>
callsign: vk2vjb