[time-nuts] Source of Rubidium Lamp for Efratom FRK

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Jul 31 19:02:40 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

That bulb was sealed with an oxy-fuel torch at the melting
point of the glass.  It was then annealed, starting at a much
higher temperature than 150C before cooled slowly to avoid
breaking.

Heat it uniformly with your hot air gun until it is no longer
black.  Reducethe heat slowly to allow it to cool... or, you
can toss it into a can full of white ashes from your fireplace.

Or, leave it be and wait until it really fails before fixing
it.

-Chuck Harris