[time-nuts] Symmetricom / Truetime XL-AK

Al Wolfe alw.k9si at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 20:54:26 UTC 2015

Jim,
    I have a Truetime XL-AK and have tried several 5 volt antennas with it
including the little square magnetic ones. They all worked OK as long as
they were outside. I did find a $30 imported bullet on ebay that I am using
now.  Since I installed the bullet last winter I have had no dropouts. But
then it is mounted higher and in the clear. I think almost 5 volt antenna
would work for you as long as it has a reasonable look at the sky.

    The XL-AK does measure current to the antenna but other than a short or
an open I don't know what its limits are to be happy.

Al, k9si