[time-nuts] TymServe 2100 OCXO (MTI 240-0530-D)

Gerhard Wittreich gerhard at wittreich.org
Sat Jun 6 14:57:27 UTC 2015

I completed the TCXO to OCXO (MTI 240-0530-D) upgrade yesterday with no
issues.  TCXO is a bit troublesome to remove (Four through the hole
mounts.  Can made stiff and difficult to move any corner much.  Slowly
worked my way around the four mounts repeatedly until they came loose.) but
a bit of patience goes a long way.  You will need to de-solder the mounting
holes for the OCXO but that went well.  On restart I updated the two
setting Jason Rabel indicated in his Mar 30 2011 post on [Time-Nuts]:

OCXO (MTI 240-0530-D)
---------------------
gain = -20
filter = 0.9995000

and then wrote that to eeprom using:

eng eeprom gain -20

eng eeprom filter 0.9995

Make sure to short jumper JP4 on the board so the eeprom write will
work.  After restart the OCXO took about 3 hours to stabilize before
"Locked" status was achieved.
I did a cold restart (Power Off --> Power On did not wait for the OCXO
to cool down) after 24 hours and got "Locked" status in less than 20
min.
Now waiting on the new Trimble III clone from Heol to finish the upgrade.

Gerhard R Wittreich, P.E.