[time-nuts] Spectracom 8195 position hold

Paul Davis ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com
Mon Jun 8 16:26:07 UTC 2015

I'm wondering if any other Spectracom 8195 users out there can shed some light on this. According to the manual, the specs are related to operating in 'position hold'. However, there seems to be no way to set position hold mode, or tell if it's in effect. (Well, there seems to be a RS485 command/response that has a bit flag for position hold, but I've not setup a 485 adapter and written any scripts to check it yet.)  The unit has been running for some time so I don't think it's a matter of finishing a automatic survey. It could just be entered automatically, but it's far from clear in the manual. It may be that using the software commands is the only way to do this, but I don't know.

Also, any pointer to software for this unit would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Paul