[time-nuts] Trimble 65256 OCXO info?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Tue Jun 9 02:51:13 UTC 2015

Does anyone have any information about the Trimble 65256 OCXO?  I bought one recently and hooked it up to 12V per the vendor.  (Yeah, I know.)  Although it worked, it set off such a stench: the usual electronics burning up, give you a sore throat smell.  So, I got a replacement and same thing.  For fun, I hooked it up to +5V.  It seems to work, it drives the counter, but I haven't measured the output waveform yet.  So, does anyone know whether these are +12V devices, +5V, or something else?  The VRef output was somewhere around +2.5V, IIRC.

Bob - AE6RV