[time-nuts] June 30th leap second

Alan Ambrose alan.ambrose at anagram.net
Thu Jun 18 12:27:24 UTC 2015

I though this email (below) which I just received might be interesting. The emphasis is mine. It’s not just us then?

Alan

On June 30, 2015, a leap second will be added to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) at 23:59:59 UTC/19:59:59 Eastern Time. A leap second is a one-second adjustment that is occasionally applied to UTC to synchronize the world’s atomic clocks with astronomical time to keep clocks as accurate as possible.

As a result, OANDA will halt trading on the fxTrade platform on June 30, 2015, at 19:59:00 ET. We expect the closure to last no more than a couple of minutes, barring any widespread issues in pricing or execution in the electronic markets. We will allow trading to resume as soon as we confirm that market rates are stable, no later than 20:15:00 ET, and hopefully much sooner than that.

<<<