[time-nuts] magnetic electronic components

Dave Daniel kc0wjn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:40:14 UTC 2015

Some other books which are good are:

"Applications of Magnetism", Watson
"Electromagnetic Device", Roters
"Magnetic Properties of Materials", Smit (ed.)
"Transformer Design Handbook", McLyman (I'm not sure if I have the
author correct on this one, but it is a classic)
"Introduction to Ferromagnetism", Bitter (Bell Labs series)
"Magnetic Phenomena", Williams
Ferromagnetism", Bozworth (another Bell Labs title)
"Introduction to Magnetic Materials", Cullity
"Magnetism: Selected Topics", Foner
"Permanent Magnets", McCaig
"The Physical Principles of Magnetism", Morrish

The best books I have found on high-frequency transformers are
"Building and Using Baluns and Ununs" by Jerry Sevick
"Ferromagnetic-Core Design & Application Handbook", DeMaw

PDF versions of some of these my be found on Scribd. I haven't checked
for all of them.

DaveD