[time-nuts] windows and leap seconds

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 05:24:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 6:43 AM, Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com> wrote:

>  This is a "FAST PUBLISH" article created directly from within the
> Microsoft support organization. The information contained herein is
> provided as-is in response to emerging issues. As a result of the speed in
> making it available, the materials may include typographical errors and may
> be revised at any time without notice.
>
> Wasn't the leap second publicised 6 months in advance?

Just below that:
Article ID: 909614 - Last Review: January 16, 2015 - Revision: 8.0

So it _was_ fast published after they heard in Jan.  And it will next be
revised when the next leap second is announced.  In between, we can ignore
the problem :-)

Every job takes only two minutes, if you wait till the last minute to do it.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane