[time-nuts] Reeeely long term HP 5065A drift rate (13 year!)

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Mon Jun 29 17:46:49 UTC 2015

I recently had a unit come in for repair that I had sold 13 years ago.

The owner never did ANY adjustments on the unit.

After the repair (which would not have affected the frequency) and before
aligning the unit I decided to check and see how far it had drifted in
the 13 years.

Did a run against an HP 5071A and the frequency offset is 2.1X10-11th
best case and 4.1X10-11th worst case.

This gives an average of  1.65X10-12th to 3.15X10-12 per year!

Pretty amazing!

Cheers,

Corby