[time-nuts] Greetings from Australia

Michael Perrett mkperrett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 20:47:48 UTC 2015

Alex, Brek - the Doppler effect is primarily an effect of the ionosphere
moving. A 24 hour measurement of WWV on 20 Mhz shows as much as +/- 800 mHz
movement, all due to Doppler. Note that if you run the measurement over
several days at the same time of year the measured frequency will strongly
correlate with time of day. This varies both with time of day and season
as the height of the ionosphere varies. To a much lesser effect most of us
nuts see a variation due to room temperature as this effects the frequency
reference of the measurement oscillator. This effect in my shack
(uncompensated) varies about +/- 1 mHz over a 20 degree (F) temperature
change.

73, Michael / K7HIL