[time-nuts] 50 ohm Driver

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Wed Mar 4 20:57:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong but being that AC series gates are MOS devices,
isn't there inherent current limiting in the MOS junction itself? I
would think that for the few nanoseconds of skew across gates the tens
of ohms of junction resistance would make 'shoot through' negligible in
terms of heating and gate damage.

Of course, a TTL device would be a completely different story and I
would fully expect summing or balancing resistor would be needed there.

Does anyone have further input regarding paralleling MOS logic devices?

Dan