[time-nuts] 50 ohm driver

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 21:40:55 UTC 2015

The MOSFET drivers are limited in the max frequency they can operate at without burning. At 1 Hz it is of course not a problem but at 10MHz it most definitely would be.

Since Martin did not originally say at what frequency he wanted to operate, it was most relevant.

MOSFET drivers can deliver a few nS edges while driving significant capacitance at several hundred kHz. They can be very useful for "low" frequency clock drivers.

Didier KO4BB