[time-nuts] Lady Heather

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 01:19:17 UTC 2015

The ttyS* devices should be owned by root and be in the dialout group, eg

crw-rw---T 1 root dialout 4, 64 Feb 28 08:31 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw---T 1 root dialout 4, 65 Feb 28 08:31 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw---T 1 root dialout 4, 66 Feb 28 08:31 /dev/ttyS2
crw-rw---T 1 root dialout 4, 67 Feb 28 08:31 /dev/ttyS3

Rather than chowning them to your username, put your user in the dialout
group.