[time-nuts] Comparing the BeagleBone Black & Raspberry Pi as NTP servers

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:37:46 UTC 2015

I'm surprised you did not kill off those other tasks.  Looks like you might
be running a web server, building an index or something.   Were the
/etc/ntp.conf files the same on Pi and BBB?  Test is not valid unless both
computers are running the same things.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Graham / KE9H <ke9h.graham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> David:
> On the BBB, were you running the fully loaded release, or the minimum
> "console" version of the OS?
> Which specific version of the OS?
>
> Thanks,
> --- Graham
>
> ==
>

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 11:23 AM, David J Taylor <
> david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've just put up my first draft of a comparison of these two popular
> > devices as NTP servers:
> >
> >  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/BBB-vs-RPi.html
> >
> > Comments welcomed - I know it's an imperfect test!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David
> > --
> > SatSignal Software - Quality software written to your requirements
> > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
> > Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California