[time-nuts] M12+ Site Survey

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Tue Mar 24 19:52:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I have a frequency standard that uses the M12+ to discipline a rubidium oscillator.

I set the M12+ to do a site survey and then set it to position hold mode for best accuracy.

My question is:

If I then move the unit, for example 30 miles and leave it in position hold (without doing another site survey)

How will the accuracy of the 1 pps pulse be affected?

In this instance, I don’t actually care about alignment to UTC.

I’m just worried about the accuracy of the 1 pps pulse and ultimately the accuracy of my rubidium’s frequency.

I’m about to do some testing, but wondered if anyone had an answer already.

Best Regards

Martyn