[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361/Thunderbolt antenna advice sought.

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon May 4 21:49:27 UTC 2015

Hi

Both units put out DC to the antenna. With them “dc coupled” to each other and the antenna, you may
see “antenna open” (low current) warnings. There are multiple solutions ranging from using DC loaded
couplers (HP/Symmetricom) or simply tacking a resistive load on a multi-port splitter (Mini-Circuits). If
cost is an issue and you can find a 3 or 4 port 2 GHz satellite dish splitter, those also work.

Bob