[time-nuts] Tymserve 2100 thinks it's 1995?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue May 5 00:32:34 UTC 2015

Hi, by any chance do your Tymserve 2100's havea 1pps input that they can use to receive a timing source in lieuof their own GPS once the date and time are set manually? I run my Datum badged Tymserve 2000 this way and other thanhaving to manually deal with leap seconds it has been working well sofar. (Prior posts have indicated that at least one of the users havingtroubles with their Tymserve 2100 has access to another GPS, and also indicatedthat the units would keep the correct date in free mode, so perhaps they couldbe clocked from an external GPS.)
Essentially I use my Tymserve 2000 as a NTP serverthat is clocked by an external 1pps source from a GPSDO. I have no ideahow long it will keep running properly, but for a home lab it meets my needs. I wouldn't want to use this approach at work or for a critical applicationbut thought I would offer this a suggestion as a possible way to breathe a bitmore life into an older piece of equipment.
Regards
Mark Spencer