[time-nuts] TymServe 2100 1995 Issue - A Kludgy Fix

Andrew Cooper acooper at keck.hawaii.edu
Tue May 5 00:42:47 UTC 2015

We also ran into the TS2100 1995 bug this weekend.  For us the consequences are a bit more severe...  The telescopes will not point to the right location in the sky without accurate time!

For now we have configured a temporary fix...  We set up two units, previously our primary and hot spare.  The first unit is set to use GPS, which of course has the correct time but the wrong date.  The first unit is sending a 1PPS signal to a second unit which is set to 1PPS input mode with a manually set date and time.  We now have all of the IRIG and NTP capability we need and the correct date.

Yes, there is also an order in with purchasing for an S350 SyncServer unit.

Andrew

Andrew Cooper
Electrical Engineer
W. M. Keck Observatory