[time-nuts] GPS week rollover

Esa Heikkinen tn1ajb at nic.fi
Wed May 6 19:22:10 UTC 2015

Mark Sims kirjoitti:

> People using Tbolts for things like NTP servers will have to implement a similar fix...

I'm pretty sure that many GPS based NTP servers will also fail. For
example I have TymServe 2100 and it fails already with leap second
handling. Just now the integrated GPS cannot be used until the end of
June. Only way to run this baby now is to feed it with external PPS
(from Thunderbolt). I'm pretty sure that this will be the permanent
solution after 2017. Tymserve's integrated GPS module is from Trimble,
so the risk of having same problems than Tbolt is real. We'll see..

--
73s!
Esa