[time-nuts] Acquired a Symmetricom 5817A-05Q / Power connector Question

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Sat May 9 14:10:38 UTC 2015

On 5/8/2015 7:11 PM, M. George wrote:
>   I picked it up on the usual auction site for
> ~125.00 shipped.  I thought that was reasonable assuming it works.
>
> Anyway, I'm not too proud to admit that I'm not familiar with the power
> connector that apparently comes with the 05Q option.
Max, I'm not familiar with that version of it but I do have the -hp-
version which was called the 58517A.  I'm pretty sure you can find
details of that on line.  Not that you really need it, just looking at
the pictures you can see the schematic since it's all on top.

To try to answer your actual question that looks much like a broken off
SMB or similar connector.  It looks to be easy to convert it back to
standard form which uses the power from the number 1 Rx connection to
power the antenna if you wanted to do that.

I could do a picture of mine if that helps.

Dan - ac6ao