[time-nuts] Acquired a Symmetricom 5817A-05Q / Power connector Question

M. George m.matthew.george at gmail.com
Sat May 9 18:51:12 UTC 2015

I added a couple more pictures of the connector after removing it from the
housing.... I tired to get a better close up on the connector, but it's
kind of blurry.  After more research, it's an SMC F, female actually... I
guess.  I assumed male because of the pin inside the plastic / dielectric.

http://www.nc7j.com/downloads/NG7M/Time-Nuts/5817A-05Q/

Anyway, I found some good pictures of a possible replacement on
flea/Bay/eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-ITT-050-045-0000-220-Conn-SMC-F-12-4GHz-50Ohm-Solder-Pot-ST-Pnl-Mnt-NEW-/271840415566?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4af38f4e

Look at the 4th picture.

I'm kind of anal about fixing this kind of stuff, even if I end up going
the 0 ohm jumper route and disable the power input to use power from the
one of my GPS receivers.

Thanks once again... I would have spent a lot more time on my own getting
to the bottom of it.

73 de Max NG7M

--
M. George