[time-nuts] Terrestrial Tides and Land Movement

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat May 16 13:17:11 UTC 2015

Hi

Tides are complicated once you get on land. They aren’t as simple as you might think when you are on the sea. There are people out there
who are “Tide Nuts” and every bit as obsessive as Time Nuts.

Most of the time and most of the places, you get roughly a third of a meter change in altitude due to on tides on solid land. If you look at the speed
of light as 3 ns / meter - you get about 1 ns from tides.

Bob