[time-nuts] Terrestrial Tides and Land Movement

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sun May 17 22:04:10 UTC 2015

Hi Bob:

There may be two factors here.
One is the "sinking" that here in California is do to pumping out ground water.  It's measured by the GRACE satellite
system.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Recovery_and_Climate_Experiment
PS It's beginning to look like water is similar to oil, once you pump it out it can take a very long time until you can
pump more.

The other relates to "Love Numbers".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_number
PS not related to dating.

The APPOLO lunar ranging observatory uses a gravity meter to measure how much their bed rock mountain top moves due to
Earth Tides.
http://www.prc68.com/I/UkiahObs.shtml#Lunar_Ranging

Mail_Attachment --
Have Fun,