[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Height Error

Demian Martin demianm.pds at gmail.com
Mon May 18 06:34:08 UTC 2015

I have 2 GPSDO's. A Thunderbolt and an Arbiter 1083A. The Arbiter is old but
it works fine (and has a Wenzel 5 MHz streamline oscillator in it). It has
the 1995 firmware issue, and I could get new firmware for it ($$) but I'm
not using it as a clock, just a frequency source.

I just moved and have re-setup both. They share an antenna. I got both to do
a self survey. The Arbiter was really close to what Google maps indicate is
my location. The Thunderbolt was about the same except it has me
underground. The arbiter has the height as +30M. The Thunderbolt as -6M.
What setting do I have wrong in the Thunderbolt? Would it affect the
operation as a frequency standard in any way?

Demian Martin

San Leandro, CA 94577