[time-nuts] TymServe 2100 1995 Issue - A Kludgy Fix

descoubes odescoubes at heoldesign.com
Wed May 20 17:17:06 UTC 2015

Esa Heikkinen <tn1ajb at ...> writes:

> Andrew Cooper kirjoitti:
>
> > We also ran into the TS2100 1995 bug this weekend.
> > For us the consequences are a bit more severe...
>
> So this is happening already.. Didn't notice this because have been
> using PPS from Thunderbolt to keep the TS2100 in time. It failed with
> leap second already in February (if I remember correctly) so I think
if
> you have same firmware than I have (the most recent one) you have
> already got 1 second offset from real UTC since February.
>
> However, with PPS everything is fine. The unit is not rebooted after
> February (when removing the inegrated GPS unit) and it's in time.
>
> However that's not only bugs TS2100 has. I'm currently creating my own
> IRIG-B decoder and noticed that there's something strange going on
with
> IEEE1344 checksums. The checksum will fail with random hours and beign
> ok on others. Seems that hour number is not included in the checksum
or
> something. But that's another story...

Hi everybody,
I am working for HEOL DESIGN company, and we are currently investigating
this TS2100 1995 bug. We have developped the N024, a clone of Trimble
ACE III receiver (which is mounted inside the TS2100). They are many
issues with the TS2100-ACE III internal protocol, and we have good hopes
to solve it out by N024 software.
I will keep people informed when this bug will be solved, on the Heol
Design N024 web page. Then you will be able to purchase it.
Regards