[time-nuts] Lucent REF0-REF1 GPSDO status?

Jan Fredriksson jan at 41hz.com
Sat May 23 16:19:51 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I've been lurking around for several years off and on, followed some
of the much discussed LUCENT/SYMMETRICOM Z3810AS, KS24361 L101/L102,
HP-KIO OEM GPSDO. As you know they have been on fleabay for more than
half a year are now, currently down to USD125 plus S&H. Not bad for
new out of the box units, even if they are two decades old. It gives
some want-one-itch....

I followed the first hundred or so posts here on the list on these
units but got lost on the overall status. So I have some questions,
apologize in advance if these questions have already been covered:

1 Is there a simple fix to get REF1 work standalone?
2 There where 50nS or so trim glitches/jumps reported initially, did
they disappear after some operating time?
3 Did someone find a reasonably straight-forward way to get 10MHz out of REF1?

For me, replies with three Yes's/No's are enough, although more info
is appreciated.

Thanks