[time-nuts] FTS 8400

Ole Petter Ronningen opronningen at gmail.com
Mon May 25 17:52:13 UTC 2015

Hello, all

I recently came across a FTS 8400 "Satellite Timing Receiver", and while I
await delivery, I am trying to dig up some more information about it. I
haven't been able to find much on line, but from what little I have found
they've been used in some pretty high end setups  - which leads me to HOPE
there may be a nice high stability oscillator in there. This particular
unit supposedly has the option for "High stability internal oscillator".
You may guess what I am hoping for, given the name plate..

I do not have much hope for it to function as a GPSDO (although I might get
lucky), but it looks like a pretty interesting device all the same. Does
anyone have any information about these units?

Thanks.
Ole