[time-nuts] Manuals heading for the dumpster

Gregory Muir engineering at mt.net
Fri May 29 16:01:12 UTC 2015

To all,

Am not sure if any news of this has been posted in prior times or not but will pass it along just in case.

Manuals Plus (http://www.manualsplus.com/) will be closing its doors the middle of June.  The proliferation of available PDF documents available plus the increasing number of other sellers on eBay has reduced their business to a point where they cannot afford to remain alive.  As a result, they are going to close up shop.

No one has stepped in to assume the manual stock that they currently have so it has been decided that when things cease, all of their stock that hasn't sold will hit a large roll-on dumpster and head either for the dump or a recycler.

They are entertaining offers for manuals at this point.  Becky, the main contact at MP is the one to talk to,  She is very amiable to making deals on manuals.  I have been stocking my files with some very unobtainable legacy manuals for great prices far below the ones asked on eBay or from other dealers.

It's a shame to see such a resource disappear.  But it is even worse to see thousands of legacy manuals get destroyed in the process.  MP has been one of my main sources for many rare manuals from many equipment manufacturers over the years.

It is realized that the majority of their manual stock pertains to test equipment but there may be that one odd thing you are looking for that they have.  One comment is that their search engine is somewhat primitive.  I produces results from manufacturer names or equipment model numbers only.  Try several variations of model numbers (such as removing suffixes, etc) to see if other manuals will appear.

Greg