[time-nuts] MTI 260 Oscillator question.

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri May 29 23:05:02 UTC 2015

Hi

The traditional approach was to seal the unit up at the base. You
then baked it out (possibly at 125C) for some period of time (maybe 24
to 48 hours). After that you sealed off the magic hole in the package.

In some cases there was indeed a magic pot under the solder hole that
was used to do a final “tweak” on the oven or the EFC set point. I’d bet that
there are *some* (but not all) 260’s out there with a teak under the hole. The
“no EFC” variant would be a good bet ….

Bob