[time-nuts] Efratom/Datum GPSDO GPS-FC

Vlad time at patoka.org
Sun May 31 15:58:55 UTC 2015

Hello,

Some time ago, I got Efratom/Datum GPS-FC item. The apparatus itself
looks like good quality weather-proof aluminium case with embedded GPS
antenna. It has only one connector. That connector is using to supply
the power to the unit and as well to get 10Mhz signal from it.

Here is the sticker inside of the devices:

http://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/GPS-FC-LBL.JPG

I tried to play with this device, however all my attempts to get 10 Mhz
from it has failed.

Here is how its looks inside:

http://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/GPS-FC-PCB.JPG

AFAIK, there is Motorola Oncore GPS. I checked the 1PPS signal from that
module and its looks good - I see the 1PPS on my scope.
Also I did check on TP4 on PCB. Looks like its an output from 10Mhz
VTCXO. And I see the sine on the scope.

I tried to contact Microesemi to obtain some service manual or even
schematic for this unit, but unfortunately its not an option. Microsemi
sent me only this manual:

http://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/GPS-FC-Manual.pdf

Its appeared this units out of support for long period of time. So, I
would ask if anybody knows anythings about it ? Especially I would be
interested about what to measure/expect on control points on PCB. I
still hope its repairable. Thanks in advance !

--
WBW,

V.P.