[time-nuts] Thunderbolt "osc age alarm", where to get replacement oscillator?

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Fri Nov 13 19:53:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Lady Heather just reported that my Thunderbolt's "osc age alarm" just activated.

The manual tells me this means that the oscillator control voltage is
at a rail and that the oscillator should be replaced. It says this
shouldn't be needed during the first 12 years of service, but mine is
~17 years old, so its time may have come.

Where can I find a suitable replacement oscillator? Is there a
recommended part number? If the original part is no longer available,
what is a good substitute?

Cheers!
-Pete

--