[time-nuts] Thunderbolt "osc age alarm", where to get replacement oscillator?

Pete Stephenson pete at heypete.com
Sun Nov 15 13:44:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Mark Sims <holrum at hotmail.com> wrote:
> My bet is was just a power glitch or a corrupted message that raised the alarm and that your unit is OK.  If the error reoccurs then you may have a hardware problem.

After some further poking and prodding, I think you're right: I had
powered-off the unit for a few months and had plugged it back in. The
alarm lit up on the first time it was back on. The serial-to-Bluetooth
connection probably didn't help, though I've only ever seen it lose a
packet here or there and had never seen it flip a bit in
mid-transmission.

Power-cycling the Tbolt fixed the problem and I verified that
everything is working ok over both wired and wireless connections.

Thanks to all for the help. Fortunately, it looks like a false alarm.

Cheers!
-Pete

--
Pete Stephenson