[time-nuts] PM6680 or 53131A for TimePod

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at lmceng.com
Mon Nov 16 07:56:56 UTC 2015

Why would you want to use a 150 ps 53131 instead of a counter/timer like
the Agilent/Keysight 53230A that provides 20 ps resolution? The TimePod
my have better noise specs but it is a really dedicated, specific-use
device.

Larry

On 11/15/2015 10:42 PM, Scott McGrath wrote:
> More of a slip as I've noted I have a time pod for work but I'd like to add a small counter for time nuttery as power is not cheap in NE so running the 5371A for long runs can get expensive
>
> Content by Scott
> Typos by Siri
>
>> On Nov 15, 2015, at 4:08 PM, Chris Caudle <chris at chriscaudle.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, November 15, 2015 3:59 pm, Bob Camp wrote:
>>> I guess the first question would be - If you have a Time Pod, what do you
>>> need a counter for?
>>
>> Or was the original question a slip, and was supposed to be which counter
>> is good for use with TimeLab software?
>>
>> --
>> Chris Caudle

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, California  (SE of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)