[time-nuts] ACAM GP22 Chip

Robert LaJeunesse lajeunesse at mail.com
Tue Nov 24 18:25:37 UTC 2015

If the goal is to create two signals consistently spaced near 70us apart why not use a good, fast 8-bit serial-in, parallel out shift register, clocked cleanly at 100kHz? Using the outputs from stages 1 and 8 would result in a 70us delay between signals. The data in would be fed 100KHz divided by 10 (or 16, or anything greater than 8) at whatever duty cycle is available. This allows the GP22 to see the combined instabilities of the clock and the shift register, which could be down in the nanosecond range, possibly less since the shift register delays would inherently cancel all but their differences.

Bob LaJeunesse