[time-nuts] KS-24361 REF-0 standalone

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sat Oct 3 02:44:49 UTC 2015

Actually, the Lucent software uses RAIM, and reports the value in its
status message. If the position appears to have drifted off, or there
aren't enough satellites to calculate the position, the software
declares the oscillators to be free-wheeling, an expression meaning that
the oscillators are free from discipline and are now drifting.

So yes, the positioning aspects matter.

Disclaimer: I haven't studied RAIM (or TRAIM) enough to know exactly
what goes on, but that's the behavior I've observed.

Bill Hawkins