[time-nuts] advice for buying VCXO

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 00:49:36 UTC 2015

On 10/6/15 12:46 PM, Can Altineller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was hoping for a cheap VCXO. I think those ovenized ones are more
> expensive.
>
> Where would I get a brand new VCXO, that has < 1ppm, and specs that are
> true. (as in the declared spec would match the actual performance, these
> days when we buy from ebay, or aliexpress this is hardly the case)

There's tons of vcxos from Digikey.. just searching for VCXO and
restricting it to 10 MHz turns up about 17 parts.

choosing the first one in the list
http://www.foxonline.com/pdfs/FVXO_HC53.pdf

50ppm pulling range

This happens to be a ceramic resonator, so the close in noise is
probably not so hot.

But some checking at Digikey and Mouser and the like should turn up
soemething.

How about an Abracon ASVV series SMT at 20 MHz for $2.98 Qty 1?

or a VCTCXO AST3TQ-V-10.000MHz-28 for $19.25 Qty 1 from Digikey.
280 ppb from -40 to +85
10 ppm pulling range..

Abracon is in southern california, for what it's worth.